NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- NEW LOCATION: Avenue Kitchen, Monday night jam sessions, 7 to 10 pm. Hosted by Hot Club of Baltimore, mostly Django Reinhardt music, 1930s-’40s and standards. Call Michael Harris for more information at 443-884-2123.
- NEW LOCATION Terra Cafe – Monday straight ahead jazz jam hosted by Clarence Ward III. 101 E 25th St., Baltimore. 8:30 – 11:30 pm. No cover. 410-777-5277
- An die Musik – An Die Musik jazz jam (hosted by Josh Espinoza and Alex Meadow). 409 N Charles St., Baltimore. Every other Monday, 7:30 – 9:30 pm, There’s no cover for musicians, and cover is $10 for audience members ($5 for students).
- Randallstown Community Center – Open Jazz Jam Sessions/Book and Poetry
Readings every Tuesday at 6-8 pm. Hosted by Derrick Amin. 3505
Resource Drive, Randallstown. Musicians and vocalists are
welcome. Sponsored by BJA. 410-887-0698
- The Judge’s Bench – First Tuesday of each month, join a jam session hosted by Charlie Schueller. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 8:30 pm – midnight.
- Showroom Bar (at Motor House) – Second Tuesday of each month, jam session that sometimes features all original music (bring your charts!). 120 W. North Avenue. 7-10 pm.
- Trinacria Cafe – Jam session hosted by each Third Tuesday of each month Liz Fixsen. 111 W. Centre Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-10 pm. 443-759-4082 or Liz Fixsen, 301-802-6896.
- 49 West Café – FIRST and THIRD Wednesdays. “Starr’s Jazz Jam” at 49 West Street, Annapolis. Hosted by John Starr and house band. Musicians and singers very welcome! Delicious and reasonably priced food and drink available! $10 cover. 7-10 pm. Reservations 410-626-9796
- St. James’ Episcopal Church – Every Wednesday, the Parkton Music Jam welcomes musicians to hone their skills. 19200 York road, Parkton. 7pm.
- Homeslyce – Todd Marcus leads jazz jam sessions every Wednesday. Musicians welcome. 336 N. Charles Street. 8-11 pm. 443-501-4000
- NEW! The Judge’s Bench – Third Wednesday of each month, join a jam session hosted by Charlie Schueller. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 8:30 pm – midnight.
- The Place Lounge – Jam session/open mic hosted by Spice on all Thursdays except the first. 315 W. Franklin Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-10 pm. 410-547-2722
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!