where the cats congregate to groove and grow
NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- R House – every Monday straight-ahead jazz jam (aka The Session) hosted by Clarence Ward III. 301 W. 29th Street, Baltimore ] 7:30 – 11:00 pm. No cover. 443-486-3104
- ArtHouse – every Monday. Django Jazz session, hosted by Michael Joseph Harris, 6:00-9:00 pm. 1115 W. 36th Street in Hampden. Phone 443-438-7700. No cover. Facebook page, Baltimore Django Jazz Jam.
- Baltimore Pop-Up Jazz Jam – Occurring at a different location each week, the jam provides a safe opportunity for musicians of all levels to play together for a socially-distant audience. 6:00 – 8:00 pm, location varies – check website/facebook for current week. Hosted by Eddie Hrybyk.
- Copper Creek Pub – weekly straight-ahead jam session, 8:00 to 11:00 pm. 904 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park. Hosted by Magic Ray. No cover
- Judges Bench – every 1st and 3rd Tuesday, straight-ahead jam session. 8:00 – 11:00 pm. Hosted by Jim Deshler on the first Tuesdays, by Michael Grasso on the third Tuesdays. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City, MD. No cover.
- The Place Lounge – every 2nd & 4th Thursday, funk/R&B/jazz hosted by Jesse L. Powers. 315 W. Franklin Street, Baltimore. (410) 547-2722 $10 cover charge includes one drink and access to hors d’oeuvres as long as they last.
- Motor House – every 2nd Thursday, “The Vibe Check,” jazz, neo-soul, R&B, funk, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, hosted by Sheritta “Love” Harris. 120 W. North Ave., Station North, Baltimore. (410) 637-8300 No cover.
- Orion on Fillmore Every Thursday, 8 pm to 10:30pm, straight-ahead jazz. Hosted by Lionel Lyles II. 1101 Fillmore St., Baltimore, 21218. (443) 281-3288, email@example.com. Free before 8 pm. $10 cover 9 pm (2-item minimum) Light fare buffet – $5.00 Drinks are $10 or less.
- New Deal Cafe – every 4th Saturday, straight-ahead jazz, 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Instruments and vocalists at all levels welcome. Hosted by Michael Grasso. 113 Centerway, Greenbelt. All participants and guests must show proof of COVID vaccination. No cover.
- Terra Cafe. Every 4th Sunday, Straight-ahead jam session, 5:00 – 8:00 pm, Hosted by Liz Fixsen. All instruments and vocalists welcome. No cover. 101 E. 25th St., Baltimore 21218. (410) 777-5277
- Bar 1801 – every Sunday, straight-ahead session, 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. 1801 E. Lombard Street, Upper Fells Point, Baltimore. (443) 708-7451. Hosted by Brendan Brady. No cover.
Also see Facebook Page: Baltimore/Washington Jazz Jam Session
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!