NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- Avenue Kitchen, Monday night jam sessions, 7 to 10 pm. Hosted by Hot Club of Baltimore, mostly Django Reinhardt music, 1930s-’40s and standards. Call Michael Harris for more information at 443-884-2123.
- Terra Cafe – Monday straight ahead jazz jam hosted by Clarence Ward III. 101 E 25th St., Baltimore. 8:30 – 11:30 pm. No cover. 410-777-5277
- An die Musik – An Die Musik jazz jam (hosted by Alex Meadow and Christian Hizon). 409 N Charles St., Baltimore. Every other Monday, 7:30 – 9:30 pm, There’s no cover for musicians, and cover is $10 for audience members ($5 for students).
- Randallstown Community Center – Open Jazz Jam Sessions/Book and Poetry
Readings every Tuesday at 6-8 pm. Hosted by Derrick Amin. 3505
Resource Drive, Randallstown. Musicians and vocalists are
welcome. Sponsored by BJA. 410-887-0698
- The Judge’s Bench – First Tuesday of each month, hosted by Charlie Schueller. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 8:30 pm – midnight.
- Tabor – Join Iyoel Santiago and friends every Tuesday from 8pm – 11pm at Tabor Ethiopian Restaurant, 328 Park Avenue, Baltimore. $10 cover waived for musicians that sit in. 410-528-7234
- De Kleine Duivel – The Trad Jazz Jam night will feature a house band and musicians are welcome to come play! Free admission, every Tuesday from 8pm – 11pm at De Kleine Duivel, 3602 Hickory Ave, Baltimore.
- Trinacria Cafe – Every THIRD Tuesday, 7pm – 10pm, jam session for straight-ahead jazz standards. All instruments and vocalists welcome. House band includes keyboard, bass, drums. No cover. Corner of Centre & Park in Mt. Vernon. Street parking. Hosted by Liz Fixsen
- 49 West Café – FIRST and THIRD Wednesdays. “Starr’s Jazz Jam” at 49 West Street, Annapolis. Hosted by John Starr and house band. Musicians and singers very welcome! Delicious and reasonably priced food and drink available! $10 cover. 7-10 pm. Reservations 410-626-9796
- Marie Louise Bistro – Every other Wednesday, 8 pm to 11 pm, hosted by Tom Lagana. No keyboard at this session. 904 N. Charles Street, 410-385-9946.
- The Place Lounge – Jam session/open mic hosted by Spice on every 2nd & 3rd Thursday. 315 W. Franklin Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-10 pm. 410-547-2722
- Germano’s – Weekly jazz jam hosted by Mike ‘n’ Ike. Instrumentalists and vocalists are welcome. 300 South High Street (at Fawn St.), 410-752-4515. 7-10 pm.
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!