where the cats congregate to groove and grow
NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- R House – every Monday, 7:30 – 11 pm, straight-ahead jazz jam (aka “The Session”) hosted by Clarence Ward III. 301 W. 29th Street, Baltimore. No cover. 443-486-3104
- Bluebird Cocktail Bar’s Green Room – Every Monday, 6:30 – 9:30. Django Jazz session, hosted by Michael Joseph Harris. 3600 Hickory Ave., in Hampden. firstname.lastname@example.org No cover but tips welcome. Facebook page, Baltimore Django Jazz Jam. (Effective 5/1/23)
- Next Phaze – every Monday 8 to 11 pm. Jazz fusion, Funk, R&B and soul, hosted by Spice Band (Jesse L. Powers, bass; Johnny Jones, drums; and Mo Daniels, keyboard. 112 W. Lexington Street, Baltimore. 410-449-3232. $5 parking at Calvert Street Garage. Jesse L. Powers
- Keystone Korner – weekly straight-ahead jam session, 7:30 – 11:00 pm. 1350 Lancaster Street, Baltimore. No cover. Hosted by Obasi Akoto. House band Ryan Hansler (piano), Obasi Akoto (bass) and either Claudio Silva or Quincy Phillips (Drums).
- Copper Creek Pub – weekly straight-ahead jam session, 8:00 to 11:00 pm. 904 Ritchie Hwy, Severna Park. Hosted by Magic Ray and Bill Freed. No cover
- Judges Bench – every FIRST Tuesday, 8 to 11 pm, straight-ahead jam session. Hosted by Jim Deshler. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City, MD. (410) 465-3497 No cover.
- Jam & Slam Workshop – every Tuesday, 6 to 8 pm. Jazz jam + dance, poetry, spoken word. Hosted by Derrick Amin, email@example.com. 3505 Resource Dr, Randallstown, MD 21133 in the Brenbrook Plaza Shopping Center, (410) 887-0698
- Baltimore Pop-Up Jazz Jam – Occurring at a different outdoor location each week. 6:00 – 8:00 pm, location varies – check facebook for current week. Hosted by Eddie Hrybyk.
- Motor House – every 2nd Thursday, 7 to 10 pm. “The Vibe Check,” jazz, neo-soul, R&B, funk, hosted by Sheritta “Love” Harris. 120 W. North Ave., Station North, Baltimore. 410-637-8300 No cover.
- Terra Cafe – Every 4th Sunday until October 2023. will then switch to 3rd Sunday (Oct. 15th). 5:30 to 8:30 pm, Straight-ahead jam session, hosted by Liz Fixsen. House band: Matthew George, Chuck Karner, Jeron White. All instruments and vocalists welcome. No cover. 101 E. 25th St., Baltimore 21218. (410) 777-5277
Also see Facebook Page: Baltimore/Washington Jazz Jam Session
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!