NOTE: As these events may be subject to change, it’s always a good idea to CALL AHEAD for CONFIRMATION!
- Avenue Kitchen, Monday night jam sessions, 7 to 10 pm. Hosted by Hot Club of Baltimore, mostly Django Reinhardt music, 1930s-’40s and standards. Call Michael Harris for more information at 443-884-2123.
- Terra Cafe – Monday straight ahead jazz jam hosted by Clarence Ward III. 101 E 25th St., Baltimore. 8:30 – 11:30 pm. No cover. 410-777-5277
- An die Musik – An Die Musik jazz jam (hosted by Alex Meadow and Christian Hizon). 409 N Charles St., Baltimore. Every other Monday, 7:30 – 9:30 pm, There’s no cover for musicians, and cover is $10 for audience members ($5 for students).
- Randallstown Community Center – Open Jazz Jam Sessions/Book and Poetry
Readings every Tuesday at 6-8 pm. Hosted by Derrick Amin. 3505
Resource Drive, Randallstown. Musicians and vocalists are
welcome. Sponsored by BJA. 410-887-0698
- The Judge’s Bench – First Tuesday of each month, hosted by Charlie Schueller. 8385 Main Street, Ellicott City. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 8:30 pm – midnight.
- Marie Louise Bistro – Every Tuesday, 8 pm to 11 pm, hosted by Tom Lagana. No keyboard at this session. 904 N. Charles Street, 410-385-9946.
- Keystone Korner – Every Tuesday, hosted by the Baltimore Jazz Collective (Sean Jones, Kris Funn, Quincy Philips, Todd Marcus, Matt Stephens, Brinae Ali). 1350 Lancaster Street, Baltimore. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. Starts at 9pm, after the Collective’s set.
- 49 West Café – FIRST and THIRD Wednesdays. “Starr’s Jazz Jam” at 49 West Street, Annapolis. Hosted by John Starr and house band. Musicians and singers very welcome! Delicious and reasonably priced food and drink available! $10 cover. 7-10 pm. Reservations 410-626-9796
- Bentley’s – [NEW!] Liz Fixsen & Friends – Jazz Jam for All on the THIRD Wednesday of every month. 885 N. Howard St. 7-10 pm. No cover – tips welcomed.
- The Place Lounge – Jam session/open mic hosted by Spice on every 3rd Thursday. 315 W. Franklin Street. Musicians and vocalists are welcome. 7-10 pm. 410-547-2722
- Germano’s – Weekly jazz jam hosted by Mike ‘n’ Ike. Instrumentalists and vocalists are welcome. 300 South High Street (at Fawn St.), 410-752-4515. 7-10 pm.
If you know of local jam sessions, or if any of the jazz jam sessions listed are discontinued, please let us know so we can update the page!